WHAT TIME SHOULD I ARRIVE AT THE FERRY TERMINAL?
- All bookings are required to check-in at the ticketing window at least 1 hour (for vehicles) or 30 minutes (for foot passengers) prior to departure.
DOES THE FERRY OPERATE IN ROUGH WEATHER?
- Safety is paramount to our operations and the discretion to sail is responsibility of Captain at the helm
CAN YOU BUY A RETURN TICKET?
- Available only for returning vehicles
- Foot passengers purchase only on day of travel from departing wharf
ARE THERE PENALTY FEES?
- Yes, this applies when you miss your ferry and if you decide after purchasing tickets to change time/date or vehicle type you plan to take across.
- Vehicle Bookings Only!
DOES THE FERRY OPERATE ON CHRISTMAS AND OTHER PUBLIC HOLIDAYS?
- Yes, the ferries run 7 days a week, 365 days a year unless notified by the Corporation. Visit our website or social media sties for schedules. Schedules are released one week prior to that months sailing.
IS A PENSIONER CONCESSION ession available for people traveling in vehicles?
- All passengers issued a valid pensioner’s identification card travel FREE and apply only to Domestic Services
Can I take my pushbike/bicycle on the ferry?
- Yes, no reservations required and rider pays full passenger passage fare plus fee for pushbike. For Purchase and Boarding rider must go through the car ticket window
How long is the trip?
- Please click on link www.samoashipping.com/destinations
Is the ferry suitable for people with walking difficulty/wheelchair/pram/stroller access?
- Car drivers and passengers should advise at point of sale any special needs so we can ensure passengers with special needs are prioritized for embarking and disembarking. Lift can accommodate prams and wheelchairs.
Do you have access to your car during the crossing?
- Yes, you can move between your vehicle and all public areas of the vessel throughout the crossing. But, when in doubt seek confirmation from members of the crew
Can you pay by credit card or EFTPOS?
- Payment can now be made by credit card (for all local cards BSP ONLY) and (for all overseas cards Visa, Matercard, Plus, mastro and Visa) / EFTPOS and available at our main office at Matautu tai, Apia. All fares are inclusive of GST and Samoa Shipping Corporation reserves the right to alter times and/or fares without prior notice.
Can I take my dog on the ferry and how much will it cost?
- Yes, you can travel with your dog and at no extra cost. However, the dog must be on a leash and is restricted to the internal decks (not permitted in the passenger lounge.)
Is there food onboard?
- A Food Bar/Canteen is only available selling a range of fresh hot and cold food and drinks on MV Lady Samoa III for decent prices. No alcohol sold or served on the vessel/s.
- VIP/Business Class Ticket holders receive FREE any cold or hot drink of their choice and sandwiches and light snacks on the menu and is available to them once they board until leaving the vessel
Is there security parking at Mulifanua and Salelologa Wharf?
- FREE Car parking is available at both terminals; are secure and safe if your vehicle is left overnight or for duration of travel between the islands as security are available to keep a close watch on your property during your absence.
What are the Public Transports at the Terminal?
- A bus (Pasi o Vaa) service is available at the wharf for travel to and from Apia and can be caught at the Bus Station at the Savalalo Market and taxis are also at your disposal at the wharf. For further information for fares please click on accompanying link.
Can I take my car hire on the ferry?
- The simple answer is YES. Majority of tourists travel between the islands in hired/rented vehicles but if in doubt Double check with your rental car company prior to travel
Can children travel unaccompanied on the ferry?
- No, children are not permitted to travel unaccompanied on our ferries.
What is the nearest Airport?
- Faleolo International Airport is located about five minutes’ drive from the Mulifanua Wharf. Several rental car companies are located at the airport for travel to Apia, Samoa’s main town or to the Wharf. There is a shuttle bus to Apia available at the Airport for other passenger purposes.
Coaches, Buses and Trucks
Please click on this link to take you straight to Passenger fares and vehicle fees; www.samoashipping.com/timetable-and-fares